Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Acute Serotonin Syndrome,Fentanyl,Prozac,Effexor XR - Drugs.com

There are way too many stories just like this:

Acute Serotonin Syndrome,Fentanyl,Prozac,Effexor XR - Drugs.com: "HI. I had SS twice with no care. I almost died. I now have muscle wasting and pain all over my body. I am trying to get a doctor to listen to me. I am getting the door slammed by many doctors as they do not believe the drugs caused this much damage. I am scared as I do not have treatment and I continue to waste away. I am not on the drugs anymore, but I still have problems. I had the muscle twitches, spasms ( still get this), jerks as well. I believe this has caused permanent nerve damage for me. I am 27 years old and I danced ballet during this time last year and now I can't make it up stairs. Where do you live? I would be willing to fly where ever to see your neurologist. I went to stanford today and the doctor does not think that I have damage from the drug even though I showed him before pictures of myself and there is a DRAMATIC difference!! I lost muscle in my face and neck and doctors have told me to work out! Again, I am just done with docs and getting the ' the drugs did not cause this' makes me cry every single day. I was given paxil for the WRONG reasons. I was a very happy girl before all of this."